Updated: Feb 18, 2021
Whether you're reading your report for the first time or facilitating a group using any of the Everything DiSC assessments it's important to fully understand the cornerstone principles that underpin the information in the reports.
1. All of the DiSC styles are equally valuable and everyone is a blend of all four styles.
2. Your work style is also influenced by other factors such as life experiences, education and maturity.
3. Understanding yourself better is the first step to becoming more effective when working with others.
4. Learning about other people's DiSC styles can help you understand their priorities and how they may differ from your own.
5. You can improve the quality of your workplace by using DiSC to build more effective relationships.
Understanding these five principles is so important if you are to get the most out of the reports. The first one, in particular, is a vital message to convey to groups who may be taking the assessments at the same time. DiSC isn't about labelling people or providing a common language for people to excuse their behaviour "because that's my style"! The behavioural tendencies that are reported are just that ..... tendencies. Everyone can and does, behave in ways that could be attributed to all of the styles.
However, we do have preferences. It's sometimes easier to behave in a way that is most natural to us. These behaviours feel comfortable. We have grown up with them and we know that in many situations they work for us! However, under pressure, our natural tendencies may become exaggerated and it's at this time that we need to direct our energy to flex our style so that it gets the results that we need.
All of the Everything DiSC reports provide detailed information about how we can adapt our natural tendencies when working with people of different, or even the same, style so that we can communicate more effectively and develop stronger workplace relationships.
Contact us to find out more about the reports available and how they may be able to help you in your role. If you would like to see full sample copies of all of the DiSC profiles, these are available on our site for you to view and download for free.